How to book a transfer with WorldFirst
How to make payments on your
Questions about payments
We currently support the world’s major currencies:
GBP, USD, EUR, AUD, JPY, NZD, SGD, HKD, CNH, CAD, PLN, CZK, THB, DKK, MXN, AED, SAR, CHF, SEK, NOK, ZAR, RON, ILS, and BGN.
In the coming months, the following currencies will also be available to you: EGP, INR, RON, KRW, BGN, ILS, IDR, PKR, VND, MYR, PHP, HUF, BHD, BWP, KES, LKR, MAD, MUR, TRY.
Please note, that due to current sanctions, you are not able to access RUB.
The speed of your payment depends on factors including the currency you're sending money in, the payee's bank and country, as well as the size of the transaction.
The following currency/country combinations are normally received on the same day:
- EUR to Europe
- GBP to UK
- USD to US
- SGD to SG
- HKD/USD to HK
- AUD to AU
- NZD to NZ
For any currency/country combinations outside of the above list, please allow an additional 1-3 working days. However, in some cases, a payee’s bank may take an additional working day to credit their account. For specific currency timings, please contact us.
When adding a payee on the portal, you'll be prompted to add the relevant details, depending on your payment currency and payee country. For example:
- Europe - IBAN and SWIFT
- Canada - Account number, SWIFT and transit code
- Australia - Account number, SWIFT or BSB code
- New Zealand - Account number, 6-digit bank code and SWIFT
- USA - Account number, ABA routing number or SWIFT
- UK - Account number and sort code or SWIFT and IBAN
- India - Account number, SWIFT and IFSC number, reason for transfer
- China - Account number, SWIFT
- Mexico - Account number, IBAN and SWIFT
- Singapore - Account number and SWIFT
- Japan - Account number and SWIFT
- UAE - IBAN and SWIFT
As we are making the payment on your behalf, the money will arrive in your payee's account showing either your name/company name, WorldFirst, or one of WorldFirst's payment partner's name.
For more information about specific countries and currencies, please contact us for more support.
If you've scheduled a payment for a date in the future, we provide an option for you to cancel the payment in advance.
Just follow these steps:
- Head to 'Transaction Management'
- Select 'Pending Payments'
- Hit 'Cancel'
If you've provided an incorrect account number, name, address, or payment reference before the payment is processed by WorldFirst, we may be able to change the details for you.
In cases where the payment has already been processed by WorldFirst, we may be able to issue an amendment request to the payee's bank, although in some instances we may have to wait for the money to return in order to re-process the payment.
The course of action will be determined by the currency, bank or destination. For more details, please contact our customer service team.
Unfortunately, if a payment has been made to the wrong bank (e.g. if your payee has provided the wrong SWIFT, BIC or sort code), our only options are to wait for a return of the money or to recall the payment from the incorrect destination.
Yes, there are many ways to set up a payment for a future date:
- If you simply want to schedule a single payment for a future date, click on the 'Make a payment' tab. Whilst setting up the payment, you can select a date in the future - this is the date you'd like the payment to be made.
- If you would like to schedule multiple recurring payments, this can be done via the 'Automatic payment' section of your World Account. Here, you'll be able to customise the payment schedule to be daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly, whilst also choosing a straight forward fixed amount to sell every time.
Alternatively, you can choose a minimum threshold amount for you to transfer the entire balance. E.g. if you can have a minimum threshold amount of $1,000, this means that if the balance of the payment date is $2,000 (higher than $1,000), then we initiate your payment to send the entire $2,000. If however, your balance was $900, then we would not initiate a payment on the scheduled date and would re-check the balance on the next recurring payment date.
Please note that if you had any scheduled automated payments set up on your old platform, you'll need to set these up again on your new World Account. If you need support or have any questions, please contact us.