Founder of Goldberg Home, Faith Lim, identified a market gap for electrical items in the online space and entered the e-commerce market in 2020. The sister brand to a third-generation family legacy business, Goldberg Home specialises in offering price-competitive products for the modern home, without sacrificing quality or customer service.
Since the inception of the brand, cross-border trade has been central to the business, as Faith wanted to provide value and needed to source from affordable suppliers overseas. She discovered WorldFirst through her business network and decided to use the platform to pay her suppliers.
For her, important factors to consider were ease of use and reliability. Building trust with overseas suppliers can be fraught when taking into account language barriers, delays in payment and cultural differences.
"WorldFirst helped to provide trust with our suppliers in two key parts. First, in terms of the transparency of the information provided online. Second, it would be the efficiency of the online transactions," says Faith, who discovered that the platform was easy to use and payments were quick, allowing her to direct her energies to growing the business.
"WorldFirst has helped to make business easier in terms of its great user experience and short user journey. This means I could use the time to focus on my key business operations and activities that are prime to the business."
The lighting and switches company is now a thriving household brand, with plans for growth in the future.
Open a World Account for free
- Open up to 10 local currency accounts, with local sort codes, account numbers and IBANs
- Collect secure payments from 100+ marketplaces, overseas buyers and payment processing gateways
- Pay suppliers, partners and staff in 40 currencies without hidden fees
- Pay and get paid easily with local bank details on your invoices
- Lock in conversion rates to manage your currency risk
Businesses like yours trust WorldFirst
- Almost 1,000,000 businesses have sent $150B around the world with WorldFirst and its partner brands since 2004
- Your money is safeguarded with leading financial institutions