|Enter new markets faster by collecting and managing international funds with ease.|
|Find out more – and start saving!|
Bleepbox is a UK-based seller of high-end equipment, particularly for gamers to build their own computers. It
launched in 2011, drop shipping products to customers on eBay, and has now expanded its supplier network to
It sells exclusively online, both through marketplaces such as Amazon and NewEgg and via its own website,
The business case
In 2015, the start-up decided to expand internationally into Europe, Brazil, Panama, the Middle East and
Australia. While it is more expensive to ship to other markets, Bleepbox trades on the possibility of offering
the greatest range.
Initially when selling abroad, Bleepbox faced premiums of up to 4% to convert local funds back to GBP.
When launching on NewEgg in the US, the company set up an account with WorldFirst. It currently has AUD, CAD, SGD, USD, EUR and JPY accounts. These accounts allow the company to collect income locally, and repatriate funds from these countries at the inter-bank rate with a fixed set fee.
The company also makes use of the currency tools, including setting up forwards contracts to lock in
favourable currency rates.
Since launching with WorldFirst, Bleepbox is able to compete more on price with local sellers in these countries, as it is completely in control of the exchange rates versus the sales price.
- Bleepbox is looking to add new currency accounts, including for selling in the United Arab Emirates
- It is also hoping to sell directly via its own website, which was relaunched in 2020
Excerpt from Scale up internationally with on-demand local currency accounts – ©2020 InternetRetailing
|Your easy alternative to a bank account abroad.
WorldFirst helps you access new markets with local multi-currency accounts.
|Sign up today for free.|
Celebrating our customers – Your success is our success
- Mitigating currency risk within the turbulent travel industry
- HELIGUY.com™ utilises WorldFirst for international expansion
- Argofield saves money on currency exchange, and pays suppliers in local currency
- Skills Provision Group on the impact of 2020, global expansion, and importance of strong partnerships
- Fashioning success with ecommerce brand Glamour Empire