Who we are:
We are not a typical financial services company. As a matter of fact, we pride ourselves on being different. Think bank-meets-Google-meets-young-entrepreneurial-start-up. We are one of the leading international payments specialists, and we make moving money around the world faster, easier, safer, and just all-around better. Every year, we help tens of thousands of people and businesses exchange currency. Our business is built on our relationship with our customers, suppliers, partners, and colleagues. Our Head Office in London recently won the European Business Award for Customer Service – a proud moment. We are also very proud to have been named one of the Best Small Companies to Work For in the Sunday Times, a UK-based sister publication to the Wall Street Journal. The culture here is something we protect carefully. We are passionate about what we do – we like each other and we like our jobs.
To further fuel its rapid growth, World First is expanding its finance function in the Washington, DC, area, and we need a Regulatory Financial Analyst to help us. As we grow there will be opportunities to specialize and expand this role.
This is a highly rewarding position for the right candidate and an excellent career opportunity.
Who you are:
The Senior Financial Analyst will be a well-qualified, highly-motivated individual seeking an opportunity in a professionally and personally rewarding career.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field.
- Have 3 – 5 years of industry experience in a financial services firm.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Understand double-entry accounting, knowledge of Infor SunSystems Accounting a plus.
- Have excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Speak English fluently.
Your key responsibilities:
To work closely with the finance and compliance teams to:
- Analyze monthly trial balances.
- Manage periodic and ad-hoc regulatory reporting.
- Serve as the lead contact for financial auditors, organizing and supplying data as requested.
- Create short weekly reports on financial position and monthly reports of budgeted versus actual costs.
- Support the company’s internal audit function.
- Track and verify intercompany transfers.
- Oversee the travel and expense process.
- Competitive salary depends on experience.
- Competitive benefits package including health insurance, bank holidays, personal leave, and 401k.
Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note “Regulatory Financial Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls please.