In business – as in life – it’s important to learn from your mistakes. This is certainly true when selling products on Amazon Marketplace, where competition is fierce and margins are thin. Rather than making the same mistakes as other sellers before you, isn’t it better to learn from the mistakes of others so that you can avoid them altogether? To help, we’ve pulled together a list of articles, guides and blog posts that bring together some of the best knowledge in the industry – and lists the most common mistakes.
The articles are divided in 9 categories:
• How do I start selling on Amazon?
• What to sell on Amazon?
• Where to get products to sell on Amazon?
• How to market your Amazon business
• How to optimise your Amazon listing
• How to promote your Amazon listing
• How do I receive (international) payments?
• Need help with Accounting for your Amazon business?
• What are the best tools available to Amazon sellers?
How do I start selling on Amazon?
If you are just starting out as an Amazon FBA seller (Fulfilment By Amazon), you need to learn the basics first – and the list below is a great place to start. You will quickly pick up the fundamentals, the common terminology and get a good idea what is involved in becoming an Amazon seller.
1. How to Sell on Amazon for Beginners
2. How to Start an Amazon FBA Private Label Business
3. The Definitive Guide to Selling on Amazon
4. 7 Common Mistakes of New Amazon Sellers
5. How to Sell on Amazon for Beginners Using FBA: A Step by Step Guide
6. What’s the Best Way to Sell on Amazon?
7. Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime: Everything You Need to Know
What to sell on Amazon?
Deciding what to sell on Amazon can be one of the most time consuming and, let’s be honest, frustrating parts of being an Amazon seller. Some people never even get past this stage when launching their Amazon FBA business. The following posts will give you some valuable tips on how to save time and money in the hunt for the next successful product:
8. Find the Most Profitable Products for Drop shipping
9. How to Use Junglescout to Help my Amazon FBA Success
10. How to Find the Best Products to Sell on Amazon
11. How to find a Profitable Product to Sell on FBA
12. What to Sell on Amazon for 2017 – The Ultimate Guide
13. Amazon Reveals the Biggest Trendsetters in its Shopping Report
Where to get products to sell on Amazon?
So you’ve decided what to sell, but the hard work isn’t over. Now you need to find a supplier that can provide you with a reliable stock of quality products. Whether you source products from abroad or from your local discounter, there are important considerations to make before you order your first batch:
14. 10 Ways to source Inventory for Amazon
15. Step-by-Step Guide on How To Find A Profitable Product To Sell
16. How to Source Wholesale Products for Amazon Sales
17. 3 Keys To Sourcing Successfully
18. How to find suppliers on Alibaba
Image from ‘3 Keys to Sourcing Successfully’
How to market your Amazon business
Even though you are selling on Amazon, that doesn’t mean your business won’t need a strong brand identity as well. You will need a memorable brand name plus a powerful logo as this will help to drive your potential sales.
19. How to Brand your Amazon FBA Business
20. How to Create a Logo and Brand for Amazon FBA Products
21. What’s in a Brand Name for Amazon?
How do I optimise my Amazon listing?
A lot has been written about this subject and for good reason. If you want to be successful at selling your wares on Amazon, it is a crucial to read up on how to optimise your listings. Choosing the right product shot and writing a great description will not only improve your rankings in Amazon’s search results but also ensure your customers know what your product is about. This is a marketplace and competition is fierce so you need to make sure that you stand out from the crowd. The posts below will talk you through everything there is to know about Amazon’s product listings.
22. The Definitive Guide to Getting your Product Pictures Taken
23. Amazon Product Photography: Tips For DIY Product Images
24. A Cost/Benefit Analysis on The Great Product Photography Debate: DIY or Outsource
25. 5 Dirty Hacks for Amazon Sellers to Dominate the Marketplace
26. How to Optimize Your Amazon Product Listings
27. 4 expert feedback tips for Amazon sellers
How to promote your Amazon listing
Ok so you have decided on the product you will sell, sourced it, created and optimised the listing, so what’s next? It’s time to promote your listing! How well you do this will have a direct impact on how much you sell. Below are some handy tips and tricks from people with tonnes of experience.
28. 7 Ways to Promote Your Amazon Listings and Drive More Sales
29. Headline Search Ads in Seller Central Now Available to 3Ps
30. Off-Amazon Marketing: 5 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Listing and Increase Ranking
31. Tips And Tricks For Marketing Your Amazon FBA Business
32. How to Rank Your Products on Amazon – The Ultimate Guide
33. Ultimate AMS (Amazon Marketing Services) Guide to Marketing Your Amazon products
34. A Seller’s Guide to Amazon Marketing Services
How do I receive (international) payments?
Now it gets really interesting – everyone likes getting paid, right? This section will deal with receiving payments from different countries in different currencies and how to save money when exchanging currencies. There is also an article about fraud on Amazon as that is unfortunately also a topic that every Amazon seller will have to deal with.
35. Currency Exchange providers for Amazon Sellers: a comparison
36. Receive Payments Effectively With International Online Seller Accounts
37. How to navigate Amazon’s enhanced seller fraud controls
Need help with accounting for your Amazon business?
Accounting rarely is anyone’s favourite topic. Yet you can not only save a lot of money here, you must also make sure you stay on the right side of the law too. From VAT, international payments to liability insurance, this section has you covered. We would still always recommend you seek advice from experts, this isn’t something you can afford to get wrong.
38. Save Money By Understanding Your Amazon FBA Seller UK Tax Obligations
39. Automating My Amazon FBA Accounting
40. So you want to sell on Amazon Europe: Paying VAT – An easy guide on when, why and how
41. US Tax Requirements For UK Sellers Using Amazon.com & FBA
42. Amazon Liability Insurance
What are the best tools available to Amazon sellers?
Luckily you don’t have to do everything yourself. There is a host of useful tools out there that will make your life a lot easier. We have combined some of the best for you below.
43. Top Tools & Resources for FBA private Label Sellers
44. 12 Great Amazon FBA Tools for Sellers
45. 15 Amazon FBA useful tools for sellers
46. A List Of Sourcing Tools For Amazon FBA Sellers
There you have it! Everything you need to know to become a successful Amazon FBA seller. If you found this article useful, feel free to share on social media.
If after reading these posts, your business is booming and you want to save money on exchanging global currencies you receive in your Amazon account, you can sign up here for our new World Account.
The articles in this post have been selected with the best intentions; however we do not have control of the content nor does the content reflect the opinions of WorldFirst.