WorldFirst’s international payment service is a great way to send money to people you know and trust. If you need to send money to someone you don't know well, you may be putting yourself at risk of fraud.
“Fraud is when trickery is used to gain a dishonest advantage, which is often financial, over another person.”
At WorldFirst, the security of your funds is our highest priority. So, before you send money to someone you don't know well, we recommend you make sure you're not sending money:
- to someone you don't know
- to prove availability of funds to someone
- to claim an inheritance or winnings from the lottery
- to someone claiming to be a relative and in need of funds
- to a person you met online
- to a 3rd party that asks about your money or bank transactions
- to pay for unexpected taxes
Remember, deals and opportunities that seem too good to be true, generally are!
Businesses are also at risk of being targeted by fraudsters and should educate their staff to the risks posed to companies in your relevant industry.
If you are worried that you may have been a victim of fraud, please contact our team at email@example.com or call us on +31 20 299 49 60.
For further information or to educate yourself on some of the various types of fraud that fraudsters employ please take some time to consult the below resources.