Criminal Finances Act Statement

The Criminal Finances Act 2017 introduced the corporate criminal offence of facilitating tax evasion. As WorldFirst UK LTD and it’s subsidiaries are subject to UK law all companies within the group must abide by this legislation.

This statement is to acknowledge WorldFirst’s senior management stance on financial crime including tax evasion and it’s commitment to prevent it’s services being used as a vehicle to facilitate such crime within the UK or in any other jurisdiction.

WorldFirst has zero appetite to be used as a vehicle to facilitate financial crime – including money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, bribery, breaching sanctions and tax evasion. It is our policy to conduct all of our business dealings, both those directly related to WorldFirst itself and those of our clients, in an honest and highly ethical manner.

Tax Evasion is the illegal non-payment or underpayment of tax by individuals, corporations and trusts. Tax evasion is a criminal offence for both the individuals or entities who do it and organisations who help faciliate it or fail to take steps to prevent it from happening. Tax evasion takes many forms, from performing intra-group financial transfers to minimise tax exposure, to a failure to pay VAT when importing goods into the UK.

We maintain a dedicated program to counter the risk of any employee, contractor, business partner or representative of our company engaging in the criminal faciliation of tax evasion. At all times, WorldFirst will conduct its business in a manner that prevents any opportunity for, and incidence of, tax evasion.

WorldFirst will be adding functionality to WorldFirst Online to allow businesses to record their tax information on their account to evidence that they are registered with local tax authorities.

If you are unsure if your business is required to be registered for VAT/Sales Tax in your home region and in other regions if selling abroad or are unsure of your tax liabilities in general, WorldFirst suggests that you contact a tax advisor who will be able to provide you with the necessary guidance.